February 12, 2010
December 17, 2010
Previous entries in this thread have provided excellent reasons for not using Penmar Golf Course parking lot as an RV Campground.
I hope Bill Rosendahl reads them and also is informed of the additional comments made at the Penmar Park Gym meeting May 31 that reinforced and expanded on the potential destructive nature of his proposed campground.
I was amazed that Bill R had his office set up a meeting with local residents and then not show up. Mike Bonin was missing too. This is a significant issue and Bill R, as I understand it, has yet to talk directly with the locals.
Some things I took away from this meeting:
1) Everyone is sick and tired of these repeated hearings where we get up and say pretty much the
same things. I think Bill R squandered agreat opportunity to tap into the creativity of the 50 some people who were at
2) Rudy from PATH stated that the Penmar lot is needed to help keep the program vehicles
available so PATH can work with the clients. Since working with the clients will occur during the day that makes me
wonder where that happens? Does the adjoining Penmar Park become an annex to the Golf Course
lot creating a 24 hour parking lot?
3) The idea that this lot is a “pilot program” troubles me because another idea also discussed is that
if the Penmar lot works out it could be a model that could be taken to the county and state to open more lots.
4) Is there a time limit of residence on any lot?
5) It appears there is no termination clause in the proposal if the lots do not work.
LA City Recreation and Parks Commissioners: email@example.com
February 17, 2010