The Venice Art Crawl is back! The now quarterly event is happening on Thursday, September 19th! If you haven’t been to the “Crawl” for awhile, go see the new galleries and participants! Odds are you chose to live in Venice because it is an “artistic community”, so get out there and enjoy the new artists that need your support!
The Yo! Venice! Art Crawl picks for September are:
1. “Big Bills” featuring the photography of Jean S. Kim from 6-10pm at 630 Venice (at Piroc media): A photo essay on Big Bill’s Auto Shop at 1715 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Big Bill’s Auto Shop is scheduled to be shut down on the 19th after 32 years in business.
2. A screening for +FREEDUMB+, a new documentary about Jules Muck by Sean VanLoozen & Laura Rudich, starting at 6pm at 1410 Main St. 1410 Main will also have works by muralist Jonas Never and others in a silent auction with proceeds going to The Venice Symphony Orchestra.
3. Christian Shenouda at 2210 Pacific. Christian will be photographing dogs during his event, so bring yours! Have a pup portrait done and grab a cocktail! This will be a fun group of people hanging out!
– The Arbor party and exhibition at 1500 Main (in Hama’s parking lot)
– Mirror, Mirror at The Cadillac Hotel from 6-10pm. This project has paired Los Angeles professional artists with at-risk homeless youth to create portraits of each other.
Click here for a full listing of the events!