From the Venice Neighborhood Council:
The Public Health and Safety Committee will hold a special informational and planning meeting this Friday morning, August 9th at TOMS on Abbot Kinney blvd at 0930am. The intent of the meeting is to receive stakeholder input on expectations and opportunities to improve safety on OFW in light of the Multi-Casualty Traffic Accident of August 3th. If you are unable to attend please consider sending a brief and concise email summarizing your concerns and ideas in addressing the situation.
Please share the information and agenda posted below with your neighbors and share your thoughts.
Sevan D. Gerard, BS, EMT-P, NCEE
Community Officer, VNC Board of Directors
Chair, Public Health and Safety Committee
1. 09:30am – Call to Order & Roll Call
2. 09:35 – Approve Agenda
3. 09:40 – INCIDENT SUMMARY – Information about August 3rd Multi-Casualty Incident on OFW
4. 09:45 – PUBLIC COMMENT – Incident specific knowledge and personal experiences
5. 09:55 – BOARD DISCUSSION
a. Physical Barricades
b. Law enforcement
c. Information Kiosks
d. Drug related crimes
6. 10:20 – HAZARD ASSESSMENT – Stakeholder worksheet
7. 10:30 – DISCUSSION
b. Preparedness c. Response
8. 10:50 – OFW Automated Ballards – James Murez
a. MOTION: The PHS Committee recommends to the VNC to request the City of Los Angeles to install traffic control ballards along OFW to help protect the public safety.
9. 10:55 – Schedule Next Meeting and Adjourn